Our Sampling List of Cheeses
This is the list of the cheeses we sampled in our “Cheese, Italian Please” class and the price, in Euro, paid for them.
Name of Cheese Price per Kg. (2.2 lbs)
Bel Paese 7.90
Caciotta grancornuto 20.50
Caciotta peperoncino 9.90
Galbanino 9.30
Gorgonzola con marscapone 11.50
Ricotta salata montella 6.70
Scamorza affumicata con rucola e ricotta 9.90
Taleggio 8.90
Trenta 13.00
We also had a salad composed of breseola (dried, cured beef), arugala, and slivers of Grana Padano tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice which was absolutely delicious.
My notes: My favorite cheeses were the Grana Padano, Bel Paese, and Taleggio. I doubt that I’m ever going to acquire a taste for blue cheese so the Gorgonzola was my least favorite. The Caciotta were both quite strong and I could only eat very small amounts of them. We also had various crackers, olives, and wines to pair with our cheeses. The wine which was my favorite that we tried was a sparkling red wine called Emilia Lambrusco; it’s quite nice if you like sweet wines.
Name of Cheese Price per Kg. (2.2 lbs)
Bel Paese 7.90
Caciotta grancornuto 20.50
Caciotta peperoncino 9.90
Galbanino 9.30
Gorgonzola con marscapone 11.50
Ricotta salata montella 6.70
Scamorza affumicata con rucola e ricotta 9.90
Taleggio 8.90
Trenta 13.00
We also had a salad composed of breseola (dried, cured beef), arugala, and slivers of Grana Padano tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice which was absolutely delicious.
My notes: My favorite cheeses were the Grana Padano, Bel Paese, and Taleggio. I doubt that I’m ever going to acquire a taste for blue cheese so the Gorgonzola was my least favorite. The Caciotta were both quite strong and I could only eat very small amounts of them. We also had various crackers, olives, and wines to pair with our cheeses. The wine which was my favorite that we tried was a sparkling red wine called Emilia Lambrusco; it’s quite nice if you like sweet wines.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home